SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 17, 2017

Light and Laser Love

Hi my name is Jamie and I am addicted to lasers.
Seriously, if there is something I want to fix and you can shoot a laser at it? I'm in. Sign me up. Give me the goofy goggles and get to work. I might even say, "Beam me up Scotty" but I feel that may be too much.

So what exactly can lasers do? Pretty much everything but all I can tell you about is what I've personally had done.
And here it is.. in no particular order. Things I've had lasered. 
Let's not overlook the greatness that is laser teeth whitening
1. My eyeballs. About 5 months ago, I had PRK - AKA Lasik eye surgery. It was honestly one of the best decisions I have ever made. Take it from someone who couldn't read or see anything further than 5 inches away from her face - If you get the chance, do it. Yes, it's costly (if you have bad eyesight) and the version I had wasn't particularly comfortable. But I would do it again 100x over to be able to wake up and see every morning.

2. Face. I go about every 8 weeks to get an IPL photo facial. IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light (technically not a laser, so sue me). It uses light to heat up and damage pigment, redness, or blood vessels in your skin. When this happens, your body ninjas come heal damage and reabsorb pigment. I love it. I am able to wear less makeup and not have splotchy dark patches on my skin.

3. Tattoo removal. Dun dun dun... I have tattoos. And I loved most of them for a long while. But I am having 2 removed. Now this is no joke.. it's painful, takes forever to fully go away (in some cases) and can be costly. Moral of this story? Don't get tattoos, kids. If you do and don't like them later... be prepared for some painful removal.

4. Hair removal. This is my new found love. If I were rich, I would have it done on my entire body. Shaving is the pits. Shaving you pits is the pits. Hair has gotsta go.. I figured if I was doing it, I would start big so I jumped right in with the lady bits. Let's face it, maintenance down there is a pain - literally and figuratively. I've had one treatment so far so I can't say I've had drastic results, but I am optimistic.   

No comments :

Post a Comment