SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Unapologetically Saying What You Mean

There's something be be said about saying what's on your mind. Now, I'm not saying I'm one of those people. No, I'm the opposite. I will hold on to my opinion about most serious things until I am ready to explode. Most of the time, that's exactly how I end up saying what's on my mind. When it's the least appropriate, most intense, absolute wrong time.   

You see, I'm a pleaser. I want to take care of people. I want people to like me. To do that, I am agreeable. But at what cost? When does being compliant with everything stop helping things and others and begin compromising my own self?  When I do say what I feel, even at the most inopportune time, I feel better. Relieved and my accomplishment of speaking my words. Then, ultimately, I feel bad. Bad because I kept it in for so long and let it out in such an intimate, unrelenting way.   

Step one in this self discover thing, for me, is saying what I feel when I feel it. Unapologetically saying my words and owning them. Because they are mine and they are worth it. I am worth it.    

No comments :

Post a Comment